Top 50 Programming Quotes of All Time
by Yi Zhang
Smart, hilarious, insightful, whatever you want to call them. Here are my favorite:
50. “Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”– Rick Cook
37. “In the one and only true way. The object-oriented version of ‘Spaghetti code’ is, of course, ‘Lasagna code’. (Too many layers).”– Roberto Waltman.
36. “FORTRAN is not a flower but a weed — it is hardy, occasionally blooms, and grows in every computer.”– Alan J. Perlis.
30. “Python’s a drop-in replacement for BASIC in the sense that Optimus Prime is a drop-in replacement for a truck.”– Cory Dodt
22. “Perl – The only language that looks the same before and after RSA encryption.”– Keith Bostic
13. “Sometimes it pays to stay in bed on Monday, rather than spending the rest of the week debugging Monday’s code.”– Christopher Thompson
12. “Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight.”– Bill Gates
5. “To iterate is human, to recurse divine.”– L. Peter Deutsch
2. “Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.”– Martin Golding